A Semantic Layer for Hadoop
Work smarter, not harder, by unlocking the value of your Hadoop investment
We Can Help If...
- Your Hadoop investment has not returned maximum business value.
- The organization of your growing Hadoop Data Lake is difficult to maintain and is starting to result in a “Data Swamp.”
- Your users cannot easily access data from Hadoop.
- Your data is ingested into Hadoop but is not connected.
- You have to write custom code and build point solutions to work with your data in Hadoop.
Ingesting data into Hadoop is relatively straightforward - allowing enterprises to colocate information assets within a low cost compute and storage environment. However, connecting and translating those assets into valuable business insights has proven to be difficult and costly - until now.
“Only with a Semantic Layer can we achieve our enterprise data management objectives with Hadoop and Hive. Anzo Smart Data Lake - the only enterprise ready platform for a Semantic Layer - was the obvious choice.” - Managing Director of Technology Fortune 100 Company
Our ‘Semantic Layer for Hadoop’ offering delivers business users immediate value and insight. Anzo® creates a semantic layer that connects all data in your Hadoop repository, making data readily accessible to business users in the terms driving their business activities. Users can access data without specialized skillsets and without compromising on which ideas to explore for insights.
How We Do It
Practically speaking, we will use Anzo, installed on an edge node, to create graph models to both represent your data as it is in Hadoop today, and how you would most optimally present it to users. We will also help you define and execute transformations between the models. These transformations can be run in Apache Spark to target your existing Hadoop storage, including Hive.
We can also materialize graph data for further transformation in "data layers" with our in-memory MPP Graph Query Engine. This set of models and transformations is what makes up your semantic layer that will be stored and secured in Anzo's catalog. Once in-memory, the graph data is immediately available for analytics and access.
Anzo: How It Works
- We install Anzo in your on-prem or cloud Hadoop environment and survey your Hadoop data assets.
- We establish target graph models which can be accelerated by using existing logical models.
- We configure mappings into Hive or other structured formats in Hadoop as well as user defined and automated mappings for transformation into a graph model.
- Lastly, we configure an in-memory query engine cluster for data layers that will clean and prepare data for analytics.
Providing your organization with...
- A clear understanding of what it means to have a Semantic Layer.
- A working Anzo instance in your environment.
- A proof of value for your Hadoop investment.
- Project management, technical oversight, training and knowledge transfer for your technical teams and users.
- An engagement summary presentation outlining achievements and forward-looking roadmap.
Gain value from your Hadoop investment in 10 Weeks! Fill out the form to the right to get started!
Click here to download this offer sheet as a PDF.
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics Inc., is a big data management and enterprise analytics software company that offers a universal semantic layer to connect and bring meaning to all your enterprise data. Its software, Anzo®, allows IT departments and their business users to semantically link, analyze and manage diverse data whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches.